The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is the largest and most interactive science museum in the Western Hemisphere. Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) exposes guests of all ages to awe-inspiring exhibitions that spark curiosity and bring science to life. MSI’s mission – to inspire the inventive genius in everyone – is realized through its world-class exhibitions and engaging guest experiences.
We offer a creative, collaborative, and innovative environment for our employees. Our employees get great perks such as: benefits starting day one of your employment, a comprehensive 401K match, free admission to MSI for family and friends, free admission to other museums, free parking in MSI’s garage and more!
The Job: The Museum of Science and Industry is seeking an HR Business Partner to help and inspire and drive a fully engaged workforce. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills. Primary focus of this position will be partnering closely with business unit leaders, managers and HR colleagues to ensure the building of a high performance organization and culture. In addition, this person will serve as an HR expert and contribute as a team member to the HR Business Partner function in the development and implementation of new and existing HR programs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a contributor and a proactive agent in the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs and other HR policy guidance.
- Represent the HR function by communicating and supporting culture and engagement strategies, philosophies, processes, policies, an capabilities to business unit leaders.
- Provide hands-on human resources expertise in the areas of employee relations, employee development, change management, diversity and inclusion, accessibility and more, as well as provide backup HR to HR colleagues.
- Actively capture, analyze and report data/metrics to identify HR needs within the business, possible solutions, applicable resources, and implement policies or programs.
- Work with the business in resource planning, including recruiting, organizational design, job evaluation and definition and managing the performance appraisal, development, advancement and compensation processes within the business.
- Manage employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and improvement and exit strategies.
- Proactively identify employee development training and compliance needs for and work to develop methods and programs to meet the needs of the business.
- Participate with the HR Business Partner team in completing special projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge and having worked directly with all aspects of HR: recruitment, compensation, benefits, L&D, organizational design and employee relations is required.
- The position requires a minimum of 7-10 years of HR Business Partner or Generalist experience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is required.
- Must be a team player and able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and possess strong collaboration skills.
- Must have and maintain a knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- Must have experience in Change Management.
- Strong Word and Excel skills required.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.