The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is the largest and most interactive science museum in the Western Hemisphere. Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) exposes guests of all ages to awe-inspiring exhibitions that spark curiosity and bring science to life. MSI’s mission – to inspire the inventive genius in everyone – is realized through its world-class exhibitions and engaging guest experiences. The Museum of Science and Industry provides programs and experiences that deepen the engagement of students and teachers in science and science-related disciplines, with a vision to inspire and motivate our children to achieve their full potential in the fields of science, technology, engineering and medicine.
We offer a creative, collaborative, and innovative environment for our employees. Our employees get great perks such as: benefits starting day one of your employment, a comprehensive 401K match, free admission to MSI for family and friends, free admission to other museums, free parking in MSI’s garage and more!
- Manage Chief of Staff/VP Operations’ calendar and appointments.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Security and Life Safety.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events for the department.
- Organize, prepare and compile data and materials for meetings.
- Compose and edit correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Prepare and administer the division’s budget.
- Create requisitions; prepare and process invoices and expense reports.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments, constituents and outside vendors.
- Utilize the Museum’s development database (Raiser’s Edge) to add, extract, and compile data for the department.
- Assist with special projects and programs for the department.
- Provide back-up support to the President’s assistant.
Management Team, Advisory Committees, Board of Trustee Committees and President’s Council:
- Coordinate the Museum’s Teen Advisory Committee including preparing of materials, scheduling of meetings and necessary follow up.
- Coordinate orientation tours for new board of trustee members.
- Maintain rosters of each committee and council, including mailing lists, online databases and contact information.
- Manage travel arrangements and reimbursement process for committee participants.
- Manage the scheduling of related meetings, including committee meetings, planning meetings and recruitment meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials, documents and reports.
- Provide assistance and information to committee members as needed.
- Act as a liaison with other departments.
- Communicate and interact with volunteer leadership as needed.
- Attend meetings and transcribe meeting notes as needed.
- Coordinate the details of meeting preparations including but not limited to mailing of notices, ordering audio / visual equipment, reserve and prepare facilities.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidential information.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university, and/or 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently or as a member of diverse teams required.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.