About Us: The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is the largest and most interactive science museum in the Western Hemisphere. Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) exposes guests of all ages to awe-inspiring exhibitions that spark curiosity and bring science to life. MSI’s mission – to inspire the inventive genius in everyone – is realized through its world-class exhibitions and engaging guest experiences. The Museum of Science and Industry provides programs and experiences that deepen the engagement of students and teachers in science and science-related disciplines, with a vision to inspire and motivate our children to achieve their full potential in the fields of science, technology, engineering and medicine.
We offer a creative, collaborative, educational and innovative environment for our interns. Our interns get great perks such as: free admission to MSI for family and friends, free admission to other museums, free parking in MSI’s garage and more!
Supervise the day-to-day operations of Development and Membership Services data services staff. Serve as an information resource for the use of the Raiser’s Edge database as it relates to gift processing, membership processing, online gifts, data integrity and special projects. Monitor the flow of applications from various sources and determine the priorities while ensuring that all data entry occurs on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and monitoring of data services staff.
- Research and follow up as required for reconciliation of data discrepancies and to maintain a thorough understanding of data content.
- Generate various reports related to gift processing and membership using the donor database and other software reporting tools as needed.
- Query data on a regular basis to monitor transactions, trouble shoot data-related issues, and prepare lists and/or reports.
- Assist with gift processing, membership processing, and event registration on a daily basis.
- Assist with acknowledging and receipting donor gifts.
- Assist with tracking and resolving requests in the team’s on-line portal on a daily basis.
- Maintain additions and updates for constituent records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Database Integrity – Assist with the ongoing maintenance of all donor/member records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Work with various departments to ensure that all membership processes and donor transactions are running smoothly.
- Assist with training new and temporary employees.
- Assist with volunteer opportunities within the Division.
- Assist the director and manager as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university; and/or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize. Detail oriented.
- Distinguish between various donor and gift types.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit fundraising industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, including understanding of gifts, memberships, notes, queries, and an ability to develop queries and exports, a plus.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to gather data, analyze information and prepare reports.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding customer service skills.
- Assist with volunteer opportunities within the Division, on occasion.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.